2004 – 2018
President, KFD Media, Ellicott City, MD
2016 – 2016
2013 – 2013
UW Sales – WBJC-FM Classical Music, Baltimore, MD
2012 – 2013
UW Sales Consultant-WDCB-Chicago, IL
2009 – 2012
Account Executive, WEAA NPR/Jazz Radio, Baltimore, MD
2007 – 2011
Account Executive, Research Director, Inc. Annapolis, MD
2007 – 2007
Managing Director, Corporate Support-Maryland Public Television, Baltimore, MD
- Four-month assignment learning the PBS-TV underwriting sales model, including CSPI-1&2 Sales training; hired Media Audit Research; skilled in organizing, hiring and motivating a public TV sales force.
1994 – 2004
Underwriting Sales Manager, WJHU-WYPR Radio, Baltimore, MD
- Organized and developed the underwriting sales effort at WJHU-WYPR. Trained and supervised sales staff. Exceeded all sales projections. Underwriting sales increased by almost 480% during my ten-year tenure at the station. WYPR’s Underwriting sales were 1.4 million, in the top tier of all public radio stations in the nation at that time (2004).
- Hired, trained, and managed sales and WYPR support staff. Created sales and departmental budgets. Analyzed and interpreted Arbitron, Simmons and Scarborough data for sales use.
1996 – 1997
Development Director, WJHU Radio (Johns Hopkins University), Baltimore, MD.
- Oversaw record-setting pledge drives & began major donor program.
- PRUP 2-Public Radio Underwriting Partnership Best Practices Project
- Ongoing sales training, seminars and Development Exchange and Public Radio * Conferences (PRDMC)
- Comprehensive training in the Miller-Heiman Strategic and Conceptual Sales System
- CSPI (1&2)-CPB/PBS Corporate Support Productivity Initiative -Sales Training